The most important door you can ever go through!
November 3, 2010
On a website such as this one, you would expect to see information and discussion about many different types of doors, and you would be correct. Today I want to talk about a different kind of door, the most important one of all.
Before I tell you about this door, I should warn you that some may find this inappropriate, even offensive. That is not my desire or purpose. If however you do find this inappropriate, even offensive, I can assure you that one future day in history, you will agree with me about the importance of this subject.
Doors are a means of ingress and egress. They allow things to come in and out, and they also seal. They seal against the elements, intruders, most unwanted items. They also seal one inside for protection and comfort.
The door I wish to talk about is found in the bible, God’s holy, true and authoritative word. John 14:6 states:
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
Jesus is the door to:
- Eternal life in heaven, with God the Father
- Abundant life, filled with joy and peace
- Victory over sin that destroys our character, reputation, marriages, our physical bodies, our emotional health, etc.
Of course, Jesus is so much more than that. He is our savior, our friend, our advocate at all times.
I would invite you to check out all of our doors, but especially the most important one of all. Jesus Christ. You can know Him by simply:
- Confess the fact that you have sinned just as all people have sinned.
- Repent, which means to agree with God that you are a sinner and would like to live according to His commands. In other words, choose His way instead of your own.
- Believe and receive. Believe what Jesus said, that He is the ONLY way to God the Father (heaven) and that you receive the free gift of salvation by faith in Jesus Christ our Lord.
- Thank God verbally and ask Him to help you live according to His plan and purposes.
I also suggest you do these four things below:
- Pray daily. Start out simple, thanking God for His blessings and asking Him for guidance.
- Read the bible, start little and read more as you desire. Any version is okay, start with the book of John.
- Attend church, but make sure they believe in the bible and preach from the word of God. If not, attend another church until you feel God’s leading to stay with one.
- Fellowship (visit and spend time with) other believers. Share your experiences in the Lord.
These are very basic things, but important. Remember that Jesus is Lord of your life now. Allow Him to stay in control and to guide you throughout your daily walk.
If you do make the decision to follow Christ Jesus, please send me an email and share with me that decision so that I can pray and rejoice with you.